Consultancy Purpose: Financial system strengthening
AGRITECH is a private company under sole ownership, which was created in 2007. It focuses on sustainable development primarily through provision of agricultural services in rural Haiti. Its mission is to build the capacity of small and productive agricultural networks that will strengthen the sector, increase productivity and reduce poverty.
As part of its capacity building activities, AGRITECH is seeking a qualified firm specialized in financial systems assessments and strengthening. This consultancy work will have three (3) main objectives.
1- Internal audit: Assessment and strengthening of the organization’s current accounting system in the following areas:
· Compliance with statutory obligations, requirements of various laws as applicable to the organisation and identification of areas of non-compliance, if any, observed during the audit period.
· Recurring areas of weakness or constraints in implementation of the Accounting & Finance Manual and issues in relation to the interpretation of the same:
v Verification of expense, cash, journals, bank vouchers;
v Verification of bank reconciliations; cash balances;
v Verification of internal billing;
v Verification / review of cash advances;
v Salary register & consultant payment register verification;
v Assess whether the financial reports as prepared by the organization are complete and accurate;
v Assess the existing internal control systems and procedures and recommend suitable changes if any;
v Assess compliance in the use of funds provided by the donor - USAID and the project funding agreement in general;
v Assist the organization in preparing to receive an audit from the donor.
2- Evaluation and update the current accounting and financial procedures manual
3- Training: efficient use of QuickBooks software
Deliverable # Description Due date Payment upon acceptance
1 Submission of work plan 30%
2 Satisfactory finalization of financial assessment, revision of accounting and financial procedures manual and QuickBooks training (will be judged by Agritech) 50%
3 Acceptance of consultancy final report 20%
Satisfactory completion of assignment will be measured against the work-plan and the expected deliverables mentioned above.
All deliverables should be submitted as an editable soft copy in English.
The firm will work closely with Agritech’s staff.
Timing and Level of Effort
The duration of the consultant’s contract shall not exceed 15 days over a period not to exceed 45 days. The consultant will perform the services during regular working hours of AGRITECH
Capacity and professional experience:
· Have at least five (5) years of professional experience in the field of internal audit for USAID-funded projects
· Very good knowledge of the QuickBooks software
· Proven training and coaching skills
· Have worked on institutional strengthening
· Proven experience in developing and/or reviewing accounting and financial procedures manuals
· Good knowledge of international accounting and auditing standards
· Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment
· Analytical capacities and listening skills
· Ability to work independently and take the initiative
Have at least five (5) years of professional experience in the field of internal audit for USAID-funded projects
Very good knowledge of the QuickBooks software
Proven training and coaching skills
Have worked on institutional strengthening
Proven experience in developing and/or reviewing accounting and financial procedures manuals
Good knowledge of international accounting and auditing standards
Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment
Analytical capacities and listening skills
Ability to work independently and take the initiative
Ability to work under pressure
Fluency in Creole, French, English